Monday, May 23, 2011

Topping it Off!

Since becoming a wedding officiant in New York City, I have come to really appreciate individuals from the British Empire. As antiquated as it sounds, there is something wonderful and romantic about the grace and manners of the Kingdom. I have become particularly fond of the British affection for hats and so-called fascinators. The fascinators are a new-fangled hat--something akin to a cross between a traditional hat and a headband.....all of the glory of a hat, with none of the "hat head." I first became familiar with the wonders of the fascinator at my weddings of British and Australian brides. However, with the recent Royal Wedding, I share some of my favorite shots with you, including one of yours truly. I was in my office sporting a fascinator sent by my dear, dear friend Kirsty, who now lives in Australia. To our Dear Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge....please keep our new love affair with hats and fascinators!